How to Invest in AFC Vietnam Fund
Asia Frontier Capital Limited is a Cayman Islands domiciled fund management company with Asia Frontier Capital (Vietnam) Limited as its subsidiary. The "AFC Vietnam Fund" is domiciled in the Cayman Islands and is open to non-US investors and tax exempted US investors.
Subscription to the fund is available on a monthly basis and closes 5 working days prior to the last day of each calendar month.
If you were looking for information on the other funds, please click one of the following:
Invest Directly with AFC
To invest directly in AFC’s funds you will need to:
- complete the subscription documents
- provide KYC information
- arrange a funds transfer of the investment amount
Whilst there are many ways to gain access to our funds, we generally advise potential investors to invest directly. The advantages compared to investing through a bank, platform or other provider include:
- No brokerage fees when subscribing to the funds
- No custody fees during the holding period
- Investors will receive a monthly update with number of shares held and latest NAV (can also be used for tax purposes in many countries)
- Investors will receive ad-hoc information such as the audited annual report
Invest via your Bank
You can enquire with your bank as to whether they have an established relationship with Asia Frontier Capital or access to our funds via another mechanism. Occasionally some investors have been trying to invest through their bank however some of the banks declined the order for unknown reasons.
In such a case, you should inform your bank that the following companies can provide fund execution services:
- Brown Brothers Harriman, New York (http://www.bbh.com)
- CITCO Global Securities Services Ireland (http://www.citco.com)
- Clearstream (http://www.clearstream.com)
- "FundSettle platform" of Euroclear, Brussels (https://my.euroclear.com)
- SIX Securities Services, Olten (http://www.six-securities-services.com)
- Societe Generale Securities Services Luxembourg (http://www.securities-services.societegenerale.com)
- Vidacos Nominees / Citibank London
These fund service providers have already invested in one of our funds on behalf of their clients.
Invest via a Fund Platform, Insurance Company or Nominee Provider
The AFC Asia Frontier Fund has already been included on various fund platforms:
- Friends Provident fund platform (https://www.fpinternational.com)
- Generali fund platform (https://www.generali.com)
- Quilter fund platform (https://www.quilter.com)
- Westerby The Pension Specialist (https://www.sipp-ssas-pensions.co.uk/)
We have received enquiries from clients regarding other fund platforms and the majority of platform providers indicated that they are able to begin their internal due diligence process on our funds when they receive a request from their existing clients.
Invest via your SIPP, Superannuation or Retirement Fund
It is possible for non-US investors to come on board via their self directed retirement accounts and several clients from the UK and Australia have already subscribed in this manner.
|Management Fee||1.8% p.a. of NAV|
|Performance Fee||12.5% NAV appreciation above high water mark|
|Subscriptions||5 business days before month end|
|Redemptions||Monthly at NAV - with 30 days notice|
|Fund Base Currency||USD|
|Initial Minimum Investment:||USD 10,000|
|Subsequent Minimum Investment:||USD 1,000|
|Valuation Day||Last day of each calendar month|
|Securities Numbers: AFC Vietnam Fund|
Asia Frontier Investments Limited, a subsidiary of Asia Frontier Capital Limited, is licensed by the Hong Kong Securities and Futures Commission "SFC" for Type 4 (Advising on Securities) and for Type 9 (Asset Management).
* By accessing information contained herein, users are deemed to be representing and warranting that they are either a Hong Kong Professional Investor or are observing the applicable laws and regulations of their relevant jurisdictions.
** The AFC Vietnam Fund is registered for sale to investors in Japan, Switzerland (qualified investors), Hong Kong & UK (professional investors) and Singapore (accredited investors).
*** For Switzerland only: This is an advertising document. The state of the origin of the fund is the Cayman Islands. This document may only be provided to qualified investors within the meaning of art. 10 para. 3 and 3ter CISA. In Switzerland, the representative is Acolin Fund Services AG, Leutschenbachstrasse 50, 8050 Zurich, Switzerland, whilst the paying agent is NPB Neue Privat Bank AG, Limmatquai 1 / am Bellevue, 8024 Zurich, Switzerland. The basic documents of the fund report may be obtained free of charge from the representative. Past performance is no indication of current or future performance. The performance data do not take account of the commissions, if any, and fund transfer costs incurred on the issue and redemption of units.