How to Invest in AFC Uzbekistan Fund
Asia Frontier Capital Limited is a Cayman Islands domiciled fund management company that has open ended funds which are open for investment. Funds are domiciled in the Cayman Islands with the "AFC Uzbekistan Fund" open for US investors only and the "AFC Uzbekistan Fund (non-US)" open for non-US investors only.
Subscription to the funds will be open shortly with the launch of the fund expected in March 2019.
After launch, subscription to the funds is available on a monthly basis and closes 5 working days prior to the last day of each calendar month.
If you were looking for information on the other funds, please click one of the following:
Invest Directly with AFC
To invest directly in AFC’s funds you will need to:
- complete the subscription documents
- provide KYC information
- arrange a funds transfer of the investment amount
Whilst there are many ways to gain access to our funds, we generally advise potential investors to invest directly into the AFC Asia Frontier Fund, AFC Iraq Fund, AFC Uzbekistan Fund or AFC Vietnam Fund. The advantages compared to investing through a bank, platform or other provider include:
- No brokerage fees when subscribing to the funds
- No custody fees during the holding period
- Investors will receive a monthly update with number of shares held and latest NAV (can also be used for tax purposes in many countries)
- Investors will receive ad-hoc information such as the audited annual report
Invest via your Bank
You can enquire with your bank as to whether they have an established relationship with Asia Frontier Capital or access to our funds via another mechanism. Occasionally some investors have been trying to invest through their bank however some of the banks declined the order for unknown reasons.
In such a case, you should inform your bank that the following companies can provide fund execution services:
- Brown Brothers Harriman, New York (http://www.bbh.com)
- CITCO Global Securities Services Ireland (http://www.citco.com)
- Clearstream (http://www.clearstream.com)
- "FundSettle platform" of Euroclear, Brussels (https://my.euroclear.com)
- SIX Securities Services, Olten (http://www.six-securities-services.com)
- Societe Generale Securities Services Luxembourg (http://www.securities-services.societegenerale.com)
- Vidacos Nominees / Citibank London
These fund service providers have already invested in one of our funds on behalf of their clients.
Invest via a Fund Platform, Insurance Company or Nominee Provider
The AFC Asia Frontier Fund has already been included on various fund platforms:
- Friends Provident fund platform (http://www.fpinternational.com)
- Generali fund platform (http://www.generali.com)
- Old Mutual fund platform (http://www.oldmutualinternational.com)
We have received enquiries from clients regarding other fund platforms and the majority of platform providers indicated that they are able to begin their internal due diligence process on our funds when they receive a request from their existing clients.
Invest via your IRA, SIPP or Superannuation Fund
US investors can invest in AFC Uzbekistan Fund through a "self-directed IRA". Millennium Trust Company (http://www.mtrustcompany.com/) is already offering this service and clients have already invested in AFC Asia Frontier Fund through Millennium Trust.
Non-US investors can also invest via their self directed retirement accounts and several clients from the UK and Australia have already subscribed in this manner.
Asia Frontier Investments Limited, a subsidiary of Asia Frontier Capital Limited, is licensed by the Hong Kong Securities and Futures Commission "SFC" for Type 4 (Advising on Securities) and for Type 9 (Asset Management).
* The representative of the AFC Iraq Fund (non-US) in Switzerland is Hugo Fund Services SA, 6 Cours de Rive, 1204 Geneva. The distribution of Shares in Switzerland must exclusively be made to qualified investors. The place of performance and jurisdiction for Shares in the Fund distributed in Switzerland are at the registered office of the representative. The paying agent of the fund in Switzerland is Banque Cantonale de Genève, 17 Quai de l'Ile, CH-1204 Geneva, Switzerland.
** The AFC Iraq Fund is registered for sale to investors in Switzerland (qualified investors), Hong Kong & UK (professional investors), Singapore (accredited investors) and USA (accredited investors and qualified purchasers).
*** By accessing information contained herein, users are deemed to be representing and warranting that they are either a Hong Kong Professional Investor or are observing the applicable laws and regulations of their relevant jurisdictions.