Welcome to Asia Frontier Capital
Asia Frontier Capital Ltd. is a pioneering fund management company based in Hong Kong that specializes in investing in high growth Asian frontier economies by managing the AFC Asia Frontier Fund , AFC Iraq Fund and the AFC Vietnam Fund.
The AFC Asia Frontier Fund invests in public equities of Asian frontier countries that are seeing increasing consumption due to favorable demographic trends, rising incomes and high GDP growth. The fund invests in listed equities of companies that have their principal business activities in Bangladesh, Bhutan, Cambodia, Iraq, Laos, Maldives, Mongolia, Myanmar (Burma), Nepal, Pakistan, Papua New Guinea, Sri Lanka and Vietnam. The AFC Asia Frontier Fund is positioned to take advantage of the continuing economic shifts in these countries and offers high returns combined with significant diversification opportunities. This fund is directed by the founder and CEO of Asia Frontier Capital, Thomas Hugger, who has been investing in frontier markets across Asia and Africa for more than 20 years.
The AFC Iraq Fund was launched on the 26th June 2015 and aims to achieve long-term capital appreciation for investors by capturing value and growth potential in the post conflict high-growth & resource rich Iraq market. The fund emphasises long term investment horizon to truly capture the opportunity in Iraq. The fund's investable universe consists of locally listed companies that have their principal business activities in Iraq as well as foreign listed companies that have the majority of the business in Iraq as a whole including the prosperous Kurdish Region of Iraq (KRI). The AFC Iraq Fund offers access to investments in post conflict recovery potential of Iraq, including the KRI, and/or stability in its territory. The AFC Iraq Fund is managed by Asia Frontier Capital (Iraq) Limited, Cayman Islands under the executive leadership team of Thomas Hugger (CEO & Fund Manager) and Ahmed Tabaqchali (CIO) who have more than 47 years of investment experience as well as an extensive background covering global, emerging, frontier and MENA markets.
The AFC Vietnam Fund invests exclusively in listed Vietnamese equities to capture value in growth companies with a focus on the small to medium size companies. This market segment offers a unique investment opportunity as the valuation gap between large- and small-cap stocks in Vietnam is presently much wider than in comparable neighboring markets and the valuations are significantly depressed versus their regional peers. The fund adopts a fundamental-quantitative approach and employs an in-house earnings model to identify attractive companies where we see high growth opportunities. In conjunction with targeting the maximum upside potential the portfolio has been structured to mitigate corporate government and liquidity risks. The fund invest in a diversified portfolio of 60-70 attractively valued companies to carefully control concentration risk. This approach allows the fund to sell, or buy, positions without having a significant market impact. The fund is directed under the executive leadership of Thomas Hugger, Andreas Karall and Andreas Vogelsanger who have more than 75 years combined experience managing investments in frontier markets, Asia and around the world.
To subscribe to our monthly newsletter and register as a member on our website please click the 'Subscribe' button below. This information is restricted to qualified investors and Hong Kong professional investors. By registering you are indicating that you are a professional investor and will then be given access to our members area which contains the track record and performance of our funds as well as other information.
Our Latest Newsletter
- 30-12-2015 CNBC: Frontier markets down? Blame the index
- 21-12-2015 AFC Wins AI Hedgefund Award: "Best Asian Emerging Markets Fund & Best Asian Frontier Fund (Since Inception): AFC Asia Frontier Fund"
- 09-12-2015 Bloomberg interviews Thomas Hugger about the opening of the stock exchange in Myanmar
- 26-11-2015 Thomas Hugger wins #1 Spot in Citywire/Lipper's Frontier Markets Equity Managers Review
- 11-11-2015 The Phnom Penh Post - Share price set Port's USD 5.2 Million IPO
- 31-10-2015 Channel NewsAsia - Interview with Thomas Hugger regarding Myanmar elections
- 05-10-2015 Business Review Magazine - Interview with Andreas Volgelsanger
- 16-09-2015 CNN Money - How One Hong Kong Banker Trained for a Prize Fight - Interview with Stephen Friel
- 04-09-2015 The Market Oracle - The Growth of the Asian Hedge Fund Industry, with Vietnam as a Superior Location
- 21-08-2015 AsiaMoney - Vietnam: No tiger Yet - Interview with Thomas Hugger
- 13-08-2015 VietnamNet - Business in Brief - Foreign Funds Look Positively at Stock Market
- 11-08-2015 lecourrier.vn -Les investisseurs étrangers confiants dans les perspectives du marché boursier vietnamien
- 10-08-2015 Bloomberg - Vietnam Stocks Remain Bright Spot as Fed Batters Southeast Asia
- 04-08-2015 Wegfall von Zöllen: EU und Vietnam einigen sich auf Freihandelsabkommen (German)
- 29-07-2015 Finanz and Wirtschaft - Exotische Aktienmärkte locken trotz Turbulenzen (German)
- 19-06-2015 The Edge Review - A Way out of the Gloom - Interview with Andreas Vogelsanger
- 16-04-2015 AFC Asia Frontier Fund and AFC Vietnam Fund Win at Investors Choice Awards
- 01-04-2015 Alternative Emerging Investor - Opportunities in Iraq - Interview with Ahmed Tabaqchali (page 8)
- 23-03-2015 Monitor Global Outlook - Iraqi Stocks a longer term says AFC's Ahmed Tabaqchali
- 16-03-2015 Fund Selector Asia - Asia Frontier Capital Unveils Iraq Fund
- 16-03-2015 FinAlternatives - Asia Frontier Capital Unveils Iraq Focused Hedge Fund
- 16-03-2015 Opalesque - Asia Frontier Capital Limited to Launch New Fund - AFC Iraq Fund
- 16-03-2015 AltAssets - Asia Frontier Capital to launch ‘post conflict’ Iraq Fund
- 13-03-2015 GlobalTrading - An Emerging Middle East - Interview with Ahmed Tabaqchali
- 02-03-2015 Fin Alternatives - Fund Focus: Asian Frontier Capital Offers U.S. Investors Access To Untapped Markets
- 06-02-2015 Preqin-AFC Asia Frontier Fund - CHF A - is Among Top 20 Performing Hedge Funds Globally in 2014
- 30-01-2015 Financial Express - Bangladesh contributes to AFC Asia Frontier Fund returns
- 24-12-2014 Barron's - Asia's Newest Frontiers - Interview with Thomas Hugger
- 12-12-2014 Vietnam Investment Review - Interview with Andreas Vogelsanger
- 01-12-2014 CNN - Why a slowdown in China is still good for business - Interview with Thomas Hugger
- 25-11-2014 Reuters - Ahmed Tabaqchali Joins AFC as CIO of Iraq Investments
- 19-11-2014 CNN - The Macro Environment of Emerging Markets - Interview with Thomas Hugger
- 07-11-2014 Shorex - Vietnam: Wake up and smell the coffee - Interview with Andreas Vogelsanger
- 15-10-2014 Funds Global Asia - Frontier Markets Interview - Thomas Hugger
- 29-09-2014 Forbes - Vietnam Market Analysis with Asia Frontier Capital AFC Vietnam Fund - Andreas Vogelsanger
- 26-09-2014 Forbes - Plane Ticket Journals - Capitalism Takes Flight: Scott Osheroff
- 15-09-2014 The Rising Star of South East Asia? How to Invest in Vietnam - Interview with Andreas Vogelsanger
- 04-09-2014 IFLR - Vietnam ETF first highlights ECM interest - Featuring Asia Frontier Capital
- 20-08-2014 Alternative Emerging Investor - Capitalizing on Asia's Fast-Growing Frontier Markets
- 13-08-2014 Asia Frontier Capital and AFC Vietnam Fund win Alternative Investments Awards
- 12-08-2014 Wealth Daily - Investing in Frontier Markets - Featuring AFC Asia Frontier Fund
- 08-08-2014 Neue Zürcher Zeitung - Frontier-Fonds setzen auf Vietnam - German
- 15-07-2014 Bangkok Post Business - Making the most of the Mekong - Interview with Andreas Vogelsanger
- 26-06-2014 Vietnam Investment Forum Overview - Marc Faber and Thomas Hugger tip Vietnamese investments
- 24-06-2014 CNBC Squawk Box Interview with Thomas Hugger - 'Why this expert is bullish on Vietnamese Shares'
Asia Frontier Investments Limited, a subsidiary of Asia Frontier Capital Limited, is licensed by the Hong Kong Securities and Futures Commission "SFC" for Type 4 (Advising on Securities) and for Type 9 (Asset Management)
* The representative of the AFC Asia Frontier Fund (non-US), AFC Iraq Fund (non-US) and AFC Vietnam Fund in Switzerland is Hugo Fund Services SA, 6 Cours de Rive, 1204 Geneva. The distribution of Shares in Switzerland must exclusively be made to qualified investors. The place of performance and jurisdiction for Shares in the Fund distributed in Switzerland are at the registered office of the representative.
** By accessing information contained herein, users are deemed to be representing and warranting that they are either a Hong Kong Professional Investor or are observing the applicable laws and regulations of their relevant jurisdictions.